The custom forms tab in the Event Maker enables the user to construct a form using different types of questions (Text Input, Options, Numeric Input etc) and visual elements (Text Header, Divider, Link).
Any created form can be mapped into one or several categories. In other words, by way of an example, it is possible to have the form shown only for the Pro category registration, but not for others.
Below we have an example of a simplest possible form, a textbox into which the person filling the form on behalf of the team can enter any text instructed.
In the form set up
- Question is the question shown to the user
- Report header is the text in the Excel column under which the team answers will be placed (with each team being a row of its own)
- Support text is the legend text instructing the user on what is expected of her/him
- Placeholder is the grayed out example that leads the user to fill the important info to the right row
- Min and Max length define the minimum and maximum amount of characters needed for submitting the answer
- Required tab makes the question mandatory i.e. it will not be possible to register without answering the question.
As an example, T-shirt size question could also be configured as a Numeric Input for each size. This way the sizes (XXL, XL,L,M,S) would show in the Excel as columns of their own.
Related Help Articles: